Main Heading Grapdhic
Side A
Side A
Robin 6
THe Buroughs Farm
Buttons Background
btn A1
btn B1
btn C1
btn D1
btn E1
btn F1
btn G1
btn H1
btn I1
btn J1
btn K1
btn L1
btn M1
btn N1
btn O1
btn P1
btn Q1
btn R1
btn S1
btn T1
btn U1
btn V1
btn W1
btn X1
btn Y1
btn Z1
The farm was owned by several generations of the Burroughs Family, beginning with Alfred Burroughs. Alfred moved to north Bow in 1848 and ran a saw mill in North Bow on the opposite side of CLinton Street. Maps of the area indicatethat Alfred"s son John H. Burroughs owned the farm in 1892. Lumber from the Burroughs Mill was used to build the largest boat to sail Lake Sunapee, the Kearsarge.
NHDHR Inventory #Bow0054

This barn can be thought of as three different sections being demarkated as having different floor elevations. Section "1", or the furthest west portion, floor is at the lowest elevation and is a slab on grade. Section "2" is the highest in elevation and the floor is wood framed. The floor of Section "3" is a slab on grade.

web design by "Tom Campbell Wilson"
photos taken c. July 2010
Eric Anderson: Photographer