Main Heading Grapdhic
Side A
Side A
Robin 6
Buttons Background
btn A1
btn B1
btn C1
btn D1
btn E1
btn F1
btn G1
btn H1
btn I1
btn J1
btn K1
btn L1
btn M1
btn N1
btn O1
btn P1
btn Q1
btn R1
btn S1
btn T1
William Short was one of the early residents of the farm on Bow Bog Road. Originally from Danville, Vt. Willaim moved to Bow after marrying Selenda Colby in 1839. Short was a former conductor for the Boston and Lowell Railroad, but when he settled in Bow, became a sleigh maker. The barn may have been used at one point as a worksop for building some of his sleighs. George Short later owned the farm and rose to prominence as the first President of the Bow Mutual Insurance Company. It is speculated that BMIC may be the oldest insurance company in the State of New Hampshire. Later Owners of the farm included Roy Peaslee. Peasleee was active in the Town Government and first sales manager of the Merrimack Farmers Exchance down on Hall Street.

NHDHR Inventory Bow0048

web design by "Tom Campbell Wilson".
photos taken 04.30.2009 by
Eric Anderson: Photographer